What quality standards do you conform to?
- We are ISO 9001 This is the international standard for a quality management system (QMS)
- We are ISO 14001 This is the international standard for an environmental management system
- We are ISO 45001 This is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems
How do you demonstrate a commitment to the environment - both for your company and your clients?
How do you demonstrate a commitment to the environment – both for your company and your clients?
RCCN has consistently developed innovative business measures that reduce the impact on the environment including:
- Implementing ISO 14001 international quality standards for environmental management systems. This means we work with you to implement new processes and help set environmentally-friendly targets, as well as logging and managing incidents (including chemical spillage, improper disposal of waste, unnecessary emissions into the watercourse or the atmosphere)
- Conducting on-site ‘green audits’ that include recommending environmentally-friendly cleaning products and conducting monthly site surveys to identify recycling opportunities to achieve further cost savings
- Contributing less plastic to landfill by using fewer more environmentally-friendly cleaning products
- Using environmentally-friendly cleaning ancillaries, equipment and machinery to minimise the use of cleaning chemicals. Recent examples have included switching to harder wearing non-woven cloths and steam cleaning to improve cleaning productivity
- Implementing ISO 9001 international standards for quality management systems.
- Reducing RCCN’s carbon footprint by recruiting cleaning teams and suppliers that are local to our clients and encouraging staff to car share where possible
- Contributing to less plastic to landfill by using fewer more environmentally-friendly cleaning products
- Raising environmental awareness of staff through in-depth induction programme and on-going training & development
Are your staff DBS checked?
All of staff our enhanced DBS checked.
How do you ensure clients receive maximum value for money?
RCCN has built a reputation for providing excellent customer service and value for money.
We know that no two cleaning requirements are the same, and therefore we create a bespoke cleaning solution for each client that fits with their requirements, health and safety standards, and most importantly in line with budgets.
All clients have a access to a dedicated area manager who is responsible for ensuring cleaning standards are met and cost efficiencies are introduced where possible. Our area managers also work on a much lower ratio of client accounts compared to the industry norm, so that they can take the care and attention required to understand where cost improvements can be made. As well as reviewing current processes, they will also review your consumables usage and waste management procedures to see if these are areas for improvement.
How are you different from other cleaning and facilities management companies?
- We are proud to operate an open book accounting approach
- We offer a highly personalised and responsive cleaning and facilities management service
- We use fewer, environmentally friendly cleaning products, therefore reducing packaging waste and chemicals used
- We have developed a reputation for delivering value for money for our clients
We currently have an in-house cleaning team, why should we switch to RCCN?
Having an outsourced provider immediately reduces your overheads almost straight away as you are no longer responsible for employing cleaning staff. In the majority of cases for clients that switch to outsourcing, RCCN has been able to offer significant cost savings based on introducing new processes and products.
Once you make the decision to outsource, RCCN can transfer / TUPE current cleaning staff, so that they are managed by our highly experienced cleaning supervisors and site managers. The new reporting structure enables our management team to assess how much time should be allocated to each space for cleaning, which cleaning products should be used and the tools or ancillaries that will help clean the space quickly and effectively.
All cleaning staff also benefit from ongoing training and development to ensure they are working to the latest guidelines in cleaning and facilities management. Most will go onto gain professional cleaning qualifications.
What investment do you make in staff training and development?
Our teams benefit from operational training including:
- Health and Safety training
- COSHH (where appropriate)
- Manual Handling (where appropriate)
- Quality standards training
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001
- Formal qualifications for ongoing development
- CHAS training and qualifications
- BICSc training and qualifications
- Coaching and mentorship by managers